Monday, June 11, 2012

A little organization goes a long way today...

This morning I'll be adding adding handles to the three pots I assembled Friday night.  I spent the weekend cleaning and organizing other stuff and researching/thinking about how I want to finish the surface of the 7 pots I have sitting on my table.  I pulled out all my mason stains to see what I have to work with as far as colored slips go.  According to what I see here....I still need a good red (good luck with that, huh?)


 Meanwhile (while i'm in creative limbo), here's a little pot I made as a teacher sample for my students this spring.  I despise gloss glazes, but the kids love the shiny stuff...


 He's a cute little frog on top of a lily pad...


 So I said I was organizing...I just HAD to get all of the stuff off the surface of my work table...trying to improve the Feng Shui...went to Home Depot, got some hose clamps and added all my tool containers to the side of my table for easy access and clean organization.  Now, everything is at my fingertips rather than piled up on the table.  I feel better...


 Here's a side view.  I used glass jars, a Perrier bottle, a Gatorade bottle, and a coffee cup...along with some colored acrylic pool cups for the bigger stuff.  Perfect.




 See, right to my right, easy access...


:-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Frog Mrs. Mitchell :) Its so beautiful, and I especially love the details you put in the frog. And your art studio is amazingly organized!!! -Jolena

    ReplyDelete