Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Handles!

 So here are two pots I threw on the wheel...the one in the foreground is a little bigger than I've been using, we'll see what comes of it.  My change, based upon feedback, is to add handles to the pots once assembled.



 Here's the first pot with the bottom cut out, ready to add to the "stem"


 ...and here's the first pot, roughly assembled and very soft, still.


 ...what the inside looks like as the thrown pot is added to the base


 ...rough, but assembled


 ...both assembled...but the big pot is weighing down on the stem and needs to be put upside down for the night.  The basic gesture shapes are in place, though.


 Koda expressing her boredom with my endeavors...


 The pots look a bit better in the morning after I've worked on them a bit.  They are stable and now ready for handles.  WHAT kind of handles...hmmm...


 "squirell!"...it's raining, again.   like that.  This is my awesome view.


 OK, well, I decided on a lizard...I wanted to accentuate the negative space between the pot and the lizard belly.  Is one enough?


 Nope...I decided to add a second to balance out the negative space on each side and to highlight the curve of the piece.


 Koda...at my feet...still bored and incessantly looking for a belly rub...


 Two lizard handles...I like them...


Next pot...less dramatic handles, but still working with the negative space of the pot.  I'm satisfied with having added the handles...makes the pots look more functional.  I've been at it about 6 hours...it's 2pm...I'm tired and ready for a break.  Gotta decide on the surface decoration of these two new additions...

No comments:

Post a Comment