Wednesday, June 6, 2012

 ...next daily pot...it's night, the wheel is on the front porch...so the first step is for me to throw a coupla' pots (small ones this time) with Koda standing guard.  I ran out of red clay...a good thing 'cause it's super messy.  Now I'm using B-mix...LOVE this stuff...white, soft, flexible, and strong.  I throw at night so I can begin working in the AM with a pot that is not so gooey.


 ...next, t's a sunny morning...I prefer rainy ones...but the breeze is cool.  Here you see the two bowls and the basic "stems" I'll be adding them to. 


 ...this is how it begins...


 *squirrel!*...a SUNNY, pretty day...


 Stems added...all roughed in...I like these shapes.  These will be relatively small succulent pots.


 ...adding handles...I liked the lizards so much, thought I'd do frogs today (for you, Jeff and Katherine!)  I think I'll do trout handles on the taller one...but not tonight...I'm tired...


 ...so is Koda...but I did take her to the river to romp this afternoon...


 ...got most of the frog handles on the one pot...the little frog on the left side is waiting for his arms...


...there we go!  :-)  I'll do the trout handles on the other pot first thing in the morning!  I need to start focusing on surface decoration for the 6-8 pots...not quite as much enjoyable...but the most important part (and where I can destroy it in a minute!)  Tomorrow is another day...and another pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment